Where is a great place to eat after we fly?
Our passengers often ask us what places we recommend. Here’s our list:
- Sunny Point Cafe 6.5 mi. 626 Haywood Rd, West Asheville (our favorite)
- Dripolator 909 Smokey Park Highway (more than a coffee shop)
- Moose Cafe 4.6 mi. 570 Brevard Rd. (From exit 47 off I40)
- Early Girl Eatery 8.4 mi. Downtown, 8 Wall St (our favorite)
- Early Girl Eatery 444 Haywood Rd in West Asheville (this is in East West Asheville, ask them about this)
- Tupelo Honey 8.6 mi, Downtown, 12 College St.
- Biscuit Head 733 Haywood Rd in West Asheville (large servings)
- Universal Joint 784 Haywood Rd in West Asheville. (Unpretentious, but good) Opens at 11:30
- West End Bakery & Cafe 757 Haywood Rd, Asheville, NC 28806
- Abeja House Cafe 1550 Hendersonville Rd, Suite 116, Asheville 28803
- Asheville Picnic Company Picnics delivered 828-633-3151 | Contact
- Asheville Luxury Picnics
- Hole Doughnuts 168 Haywood Rd. (Makes your donut while you watch, just donuts and coffee, that’s all)
- Ivory Road Cafe & Kitchen, 1854 Brevard Rd (NC 191) Our newest favorite. Really tasty food. Small, indoor, and outdoor. Breakfast and lunch.
- Stoney Knob Cafe 337 Merrimon Ave in Weaverville, not Asheville. “Imaginative American fare with Mediterranean twist”. Lunch and dinner only. Reservations a good idea. Our favorite dinner night out.
- Best Places to Eat by Authentic Asheville – Local Adventurer
Where is a great place to hike?
HIKING NEAR ASHEVILLE:
- Bent Creek: Take Bent Creek Ranch Rd off Brevard Rd, then take Wesley Branch Rd
- Dupont State Recreational Forest, one hour drive south of Asheville
WATERFALLS IN THE AREA:
- Hickory Nut Falls at Chimney Rock State Park, 30 miles southeast on US74 Alt East
- Graveyard Fields, 10 miles south of Pisgah Inn, on Parkway
- Sliding Rock, south of Pisgah Inn, on US 276. 45 minutes
- Looking Glass Falls, south of Pisgah Inn, on US 276
- Moore Cove Falls, south of Pisgah Inn, on US 276
- Slick Rock Falls, south of Pisgah Inn, on US 276