Hot Air Balloon Information
We fly year-round, seven days per week, weather permitting. Many people do not know that hot air balloons can only fly at sunrise or sunset. Our afternoon winds tend to be strong, and we only offer sunrise flights. We meet passengers at sunrise at Ingles, just ten minutes from downtown Asheville. Flights last one hour, and the entire process takes about 2.5 to 3 hours. We offer champagne and hors d’oeuvres with all our flights.
Here’s some information about the balloon flight itinerary. The entire event takes about 2.5 to 3 hours.
- We meet you at Ingles on Sand Hill Road
- We will be running balloon test there before we leave
- We shuttle you to the launch site
- We run another balloon test (5min and possibly go to another launch site)
- We inflate the balloon
- We fly 45 – 90 min
- We land and deflate the balloon and pack it up
- We return you to the meeting location
We are four pilots, all with FAA commercial license, and we have four balloons. The big balloon carries up to 6 passengers. The other balloons can carry 2 to 4 passengers. Two pilots can fly seven days per week, and two pilots can only fly Friday- Sunday, but they can book months in advance. If you make a reservation on the phone, then we just hold your credit card and will not run it until the flight day. Call Phyllis (828)707-2992 to answer questions or book your flight.
Visit the Explore Asheville Website: